A lesson about the Ten Commandments



There was an elderly young guy named Gabriel. He was unhappy because he lost his favourite hat. Instead of buying a new one, he decided he would go to church and steal one out of the entrance porch when the worshipers were busy praying.

When Gabriel arrived at the church an usher intercepted him at the door and took him to a pew where he had to sit and listen to the entire sermon on The Ten Commandments.

After the service, Gabriel met the vicar in the vestibule doorway, shook his hand vigorously, and told him, I want to thank you Father for saving my soul today.

I came to church to steal a hat and after hearing your sermon on the 10 Commandments, I repented.

The vicar answered, you mean the commandment ‘Thou shall not steal' changed your mind?

No, said Gabriel, the one about adultery did. As soon as you said that, I remembered where I had left my old hat.

Comments